I’d like to say that i came up with these things.
I’d even like to say I have tried these things.
Unfortunately I am neither that creative, nor that lucky. So the best I can do is share the perfect recipe for any fan rooting for the Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl. They are Seattle Seahawks Shots, Jello shots to be exact. I have to say this may be the best Super Bowl Party Recipe you will find this year, courtesy of the Seattle Soap Girl.
- 3 oz Berry Blue Jello
- 3 oz Lime Jello
- 2 Packets Knox Gelatine
- 2-1/2 cups Vodka
- 2-1/2 cups Boiling Water
- 1 cup Pina Colada Mixer (such as Mr. and Mrs. T’s)
- 5-10 drops of Blue Food Coloring (optional, but makes to colors darker like Hawks Colors)
- 5-10 drops of Green Food Coloring (optional, but makes to colors darker like Hawks Colors)
25-28 Jello Shot Cups/Lids
Yield: 25-28 Jello Shots
Time to Make: about 3-1/2 hours (includes time for Jello to set up)
- Chill your vodka and pina colada mix. Set Jello Shot Cups on a cookie sheet for easy transport.
- Following the Blue and Green Layer directions below, make blue layer first and chill for approximately 1 hour (or until set).
- After set, follow the White Layer directions below and pour on top of the blue. Chill for approximately one hour (or until set). If the white layer starts to ‘pull’ the blue layer up into it (see photo to right) don’t worry. You won’t really see it in the end product.
- After set, follow the Blue and Green Layer directions below, make the green layer and pour on top of the white. Chill for approximately 1 hour (or until set).
- Put lids on top of cups and enjoy within 24-48 hours!
For the Blue and Green Layers:
In a microwave safe container, heat 1 cup water for three minutes (or until almost boiling) in microwave. Pour 3 ounces Jello in hot water, stirring until fully dissolved (about 1 minute). Add 5 – 10 drops food coloring (green food coloring in Lime Jello and blue food coloring in Berry Blue Jello) to water. Stir in 1 cup chilled Vodka. Pour an even amount into each jello cup. Follow directions above.
For the White Layer:
In a microwave safe container, heat 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup vodka for three minutes (or until almost boiling) in microwave. Carefully and slowly (it will boil over if you don’t pour slow!) pour 2 packets Knox Gelatine in hot water, stirring until fully dissolved (about 1 minute). Add 1 cup chilled pina colada mixer. Pour an even amount into each jello cup. Follow directions above.
For the original recipe, more pictures and even more Seattle based ideas check out the the Seattle Soap Girl’s Blog.
Happy Super Bowl Sunday! Please Enjoy Responsibly!
h/t to my friend Haley Taylor Pappalardo for the find! Thanks Hay Hay!