Everyone loves dessert. Our cravings for sweet goodness whether its cake, ice cream, or something else always wins. While it feels good while we’re eating it, the guilty pleasures cause health trouble down the line. Luckily times are changing and there are plenty of delicious healthy desserts to choose from.
Two sisters from New York are whipping up some luxurious ice cream. Courtney Blagrove and Zan B.R. of Whipped-Urban Dessert Lab are serving up plant-based ice cream using oat milk. Their nutrition background is giving leverage in making innovative recipes. Their flavors include salted pecan, coffee waffle crunch, and strawberry shortcake. Get a look at their full menu here.
Local pickup is available, but don’t worry, if you’re not in NYC the goodies can be shipped nationwide with Goldbelly. The latest concoction Mini Mocha Ice Crème™ Tarts is easy to make with only four ingredients. Check out the recipe below.
Mini Mocha Ice Crème™ Tarts
Yield: 6 Mini Tarts
What you’ll need:
– 1 Cup of Finely Crushed Vegan Chocolate Cookies
– 3 Tablespoons of Vegan Butter
– Malted Espresso Ice Crème™ (from Whipped’s Oaté collection)
– Vegan Chocolate Sauce
1) Crush your favorite brand of chocolate cookies in a food processor. If you do not have a food processor, you can place cookies in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin or sturdy cup
2) Mix cookie crumbs with the melted butter until the texture is similar to wet sand
3) Scoop 1/4 cup of softened Malted Espresso Ice Crème™ into your cupcake liners
4) Take your cookie and butter crumb mixture and press it into each cupcake liner until the liner is full
5) Freeze your tarts for 4 hours or until they are firm
6) Peel the liners off your tarts and flip them onto your dishware of choice (the crust should be at the bottom of your tart).
7) Drizzle your favorite vegan chocolate sauce on top
8) Enjoy! This recipe is versatile and the ingredients can be substituted with your favorite type of cookie and favorite type of ice crème.
Will you be trying this recipe?