What candy is in your Easter basket? Reese’s Eggs have become one of the must have Easter candies but this one tops the must eat list.
How many packages of Reese’s Eggs have you purchased this year? It seems that Reese’s candies are always a popular choice for Easter baskets. Somehow the Easter bunny is drawn to these bites of tasty peanut butter filled candies. But, which one is the top of the must eat list?
According to Neilsen, Reese’s candies are the top selling Easter candy. In a way, the holiday is turning into REESE-ster. With several new offerings, there is definitely no shortage of Reese’s candies.
For Easter, Reese’s has six different Easter themed candies. A combination of new and favorite candy offerings, the six Easter items are: new Reese’s stuffed with Reese’s Pieces Eggs, Reese’s Peanut Butter Crème Egg, Reese’s Stuffed with Pieces Miniatures, Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Candy Pastel Eggs, Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs Milk Chocolate and Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs White Chocolate.
While each and every one is quite tempting, this ranking is purely one person’s opinion. Feel free to disagree, agree or formulate your own list. The best part is tasting all the offerings. It is a hard job, but someone has to do it.
Reese’s Eggs and Reese’s Easter candy, photo provided by Cristine Struble
6. Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs White Chocolate: This version doesn’t rank as high as the other offerings because it features white chocolate. This chocolate and peanut butter combination is a little sweet. That situation is because of the white chocolate, which always is a little sweeter. It is enjoyable, but other options are preferred choices.
5. Reese’s Stuffed with Pieces Miniatures: These bite sized treats are quite good. The combination of textures makes this candy quite craveable. The biggest problem is the size. It is hard to stop with just one. By that time you feel satisfied, you might have eaten an entire bag.
4. Reese’s Peanut Butter Crème Egg: This Reese’s Easter candy is probably the most decadent one on the list. It has a full chocolate shell. The peanut butter filling offers a smoother texture, which makes it almost a little sweeter. Even though this candy has just 180 calories it feels like eating an extremely satisfying dessert.
3. Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Candy Pastel Eggs: First the pretty, pastel colors capture your attention. Then, each bite is quite scrumptious. The good part is that you can generally stop eating after a handful (unlike a full bag of Reese’s Pieces). It is a fun adaption of the classic candy.
2. Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs Milk Chocolate: The classic, iconic Reese’s egg is and will always be an Easter basket must. It is everything that people love about the classic, but in a holiday shape. An Easter basket isn’t complete without one.
Reese’s Eggs and Reese’s Easter candies, photo provided by Cristine Struble
1. Reese’s stuffed with Reese’s Pieces Eggs: The newest addition to the Reese’s Easter line-up, this candy is definitely tops this list. It is a holiday take on the combination that has been captivating Reese’s fans. From the crunch from the Reeses Pieces to the peanut butter center from a classic Reese’s, this candy is and always will be the must have by the Easter bunny.
The only item missing from this list would be an Easter version of the Reese’s Outrageous Bar. Maybe next year the candy giant can find a way to make that candy bar into an Easter version.
Have you tried any of the Reese’s Eggs yet this season? More importantly, did you eat all of your purchases before the Easter bunny has delivered his baskets?