Dole Mike Wazowski Fruit Stack
Have you ever looked at a kiwi and wondered why the skin was fuzzy? What about that bright green color? Maybe if you could use a little imagination, that fruit could look like the adorable Mike Wazowski.
This fruit stack recipe by Dole looks a lot like the Monster Inc. Character. More importantly, it will not make the kids scream when they see it on the table.
Looking at this recipe, it is full of all types of fruits. From kiwis to pineapples to even some horned melon, it is a perfect bite to explore some new flavors and textures.
Plus, this recipe is perfect to make as a family. When kids help make a dish, they are more willing to eat the food. Maybe your child’s version of this Mike Wazowski has two eyeballs instead of just one. A little creativity in the kitchen is always a good thing.
Here’s how to make a Mike Wazowski Fruit Stack.
- 2 DOLE® kiwis, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 DOLE® kiwi, peeled
- 4 DOLE® oval pineapple slices, about 3 inches in diameter, cut out with an oval cookie cutter
- 4 large oval slices green melon/honey dew melon, about 4 inches in diameter
- 1 peeled 1-inch slice dragon fruit
- 16 almond slivers
- 1 horned melon
- 4 dried unsweetened blueberries
- Place kiwi ovals upside down on top of each oval pineapple slice to resemble Mike’s head. Place each pineapple sliced ona melon oval on a plate.
- Scoop out 4 balls from dragon fruit slice with 1/4 tsp for Mike’s l bulging eyeball (snack on scraps). Place each dragon fruit eyeball on top third of kiwi. Add a dried blueberry to form the pupil.
- With a sharp paring knife, trim half kiwi into Mike’s dangly legs and arms and add to sides and bottom of kiwi, draped over the pineapple. Add two almond slivers to top of each kiwi to form the smiling mouth and two more almond slivers protruding out of the top of Mike’s head to his horns.
- Scoop out horned melon and drizzle around Mike directly onto the plate.
- Tip: Assemble the fruit stack on a white plate so that the colors of the fruit pop