Are you making Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Cranberry Biscuits this holiday season?
Bring holiday flavor to the table with this Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Cranberry Biscuits recipe. While the classic Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuits are always delicious, those classic biscuits can be transformed into a variety of recipes. With a little flavor creativity, any home cook can be inspired in the kitchen.
Over the past several months, Red Lobster has shared a variety of recipes that have re-imagined its classic Cheddar Bay Biscuits. From sweeter recipe transformations to more classic take, the iconic biscuits lend themselves to cooking creativity.
For the holidays, Red Lobster has shared a few new recipes. From a take on stuffing to even a chocolate dipped biscuit, there are several options to pique foodies’ interest.
One recipe seems to be delicious choice at any holiday meal. The Cheddar Bay Cranberry Biscuits recipe could be served at breakfast, brunch or dinner.
Cranberry is often a holiday flavor. While the canned cranberry can be controversial at Thanksgiving, the tart cranberry is often a popular holiday flavor. In baking, the cranberries are often paired with orange for a sweet and tart combination.
In this recipe from Red Lobster, it combines that cranberry and orange flavor with an extra touch of sweetness. While the cheddar cheese might stump some people, think of it like the combination of flavors on a cheese plate. There is a richness, a tartness and a sweetness to make the perfect combination.
Here’s how to make the Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Cranberry Biscuits
- ¾ cup cold water
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pouch Cheddar Bay Biscuit Mix
- ½ cup dried cranberries Zest of an orange
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Stir together water, cheese, cranberries, orange zest, and biscuit mix until dough forms (do not overmix).
- Scoop dough immediately into 8-10 portions (about ¼ cup each) and place 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden brown on top. Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl, add maple syrup and cinnamon. Stir until well blended.
- Brush cinnamon maple butter sauce onto each HOT biscuit. Serve immediately with remaining sauce on the side for dipping.
In a way, these biscuits are similar to a scone. If you are looking for a little addition boost in flavor, consider a spicy maple syrup or even a drizzle of hot honey. The sauce can be customized a little depending on personal preference.
What do you think of this Red Lobster recipe idea? Will you make some this holiday season?