Sweet and savory combine in the Wendy’s Baconator Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Wendy’s Baconator Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe is the cookie recipe that wins the cookie wars. Although the classic chocolate chip cookie recipe will never go out of style, this food mash-up will make you skip the salted chocolate chip cookie for something eve tastier. Are you ready to get baking with Wendy’s?
For many people, the classic chocolate chip cookie is their favorite cookie. While that Nestle Toll House recipe or even the DoubleTree recipe has been made in many home kitchens, bakers are ready to try something new.
This Wendy’s Baconator Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe brings together the sweet and savory. While many people add a touch of salt to finish a sweet cookie, the bacon elevates the flavor even more. For people who subscribe to the idea that everything is better with bacon, this cookie recipe could be the new favorite cookie.
Here’s how to make the Wendy’s Baconator Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe.
- 1 lb Applewood smoked bacon
- 5 tbsp bacon fat
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter (room temperature)
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ brown sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ¼ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cover sheet pan with parchment paper, place bacon on top of paper or foil in single layer. Oven roast for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Using tongs, remove cooked bacon and place on paper towels to cool. While residual bacon grease is still liquified, carefully pour into a glass container to chill. The goal is to have ½ bacon fat.
- Turn off oven and wait for bacon fat to solidify.
- Measure out all other ingredients and sift flour and baking soda together
- On low speed, use mixer to cream together bacon fat, butter sugar, brown sugar and sea salt until light and fluffy
- Add eggs one at a time on low speed, then add vanilla
- Add sifted flour and baking soda in thirds. Stop and scrape sides between each addition for thorough mixing
- Add chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed in dough
- Place dough in refrigerator for at least 20 minutes or up to 24 hours
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Chopped the cooked bacon to desired size (¼ squares are preferred)
- Evenly scoop portioned cookies. Roll each dough ball in bacon bits to cover top and sides of cookie dough. Leave the bottom of the cookie bacon free.
- Place cookies bacon side up on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake in over for 11-13 minutes and rotate pan halfway through baking.
- Cool cookies on pan or cooling rack
Here are a couple of hints if you make this Wendy’s Baconator Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. It is important not to put bacon on the bottom of the cookie. The cookie will get too mushy.
Second, do not over mix the dough. It can cause the cookie to have a poor texture.
Lastly, smaller pieces of bacon can be a nice touch. The smaller pieces of bacon can ensure that a little of the savory, salty goodness can be enjoyed in each bite.
If you aren’t a baker, you can get your Wendy’s Baconator craving satisfied in other ways. Remember, Wendy’s is offering a free Breakfast Baconator with purchase through December 27 via the Wendy’s Mobile App.
What do you think this sweet and savory cookie recipe? Could it become your favorite cookie?