Bring a new flavor to this sweet and spicy buffalo chicken dip recipe.
From big game parties to a tasty recipe, this sweet and spicy buffalo chicken dip offers a slightly different flavor to a popular recipe. If you are ready to try something new, this dip recipe might surprise you.
Sometimes a classic recipe needs a little flavor boost. During the big game, many people like to serve a hearty dip. Often a buffalo chicken dip is a popular choice. The flavorful dip eats almost like a meal.
While many recipes tend to be spicy, this particular recipe adds a sweet and tart component to the mix. Have you ever put craisins in your recipe?
Although some people might not have thought about this particular ingredient, the flavor idea is quite compelling. Chicken salad often uses either dried cranberries or raisins. Why couldn’t this dip?
Also, the tartness of the craisins can cut through the richness of the dip. Sometimes a little bright flavor helps to balance all the heavier, creamy flavors.
Here’s how to make a sweet and spicy buffalo chicken dip recipe from Ocean Spray.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 8-10 servings
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/3 cup Buffalo sauce
- 1/3 cup bleu cheese dressing
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheese, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup Ocean Spray Craisins, Original Dried Cranberries, roughly chopped, plus more for topping
- 1 scallion, sliced (optional for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all ingredients and pour into a baking dish. Top with extra cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top with extra Craisins Dried Cranberries and scallion, if desired.
- Serve with chips, celery sticks, carrots, snap peas, cherry tomato, and peppers.
When making this recipe, here are a few items to consider. It is important to chop the craisins. The slightly smaller bites help to keep that flavor from overtaking the entire bite.
Also, the choice of shredded cheese is important. Some cheeses will pair better with the flavors in this recipe than others. For example, mozzarella might not be the best choice for this recipe.
Lastly, any home cook can customize this recipe. As it is written, it is meant to be modified with preferred flavors. If you prefer a slightly spacer option, add some seasoning to the chicken. Just make sure that all the flavors complement each other.
What will you be making for the big game? Will this sweet and spicy buffalo chicken dip be on the menu?