If your cocktail needs a rose colored huge, these Rose Gold Ice Cubes are the perfect addition to add that extra spark. When paired with a Beefeater Gin Valentine’s Day cocktail, the combination is definitely extra rosy. Are you ready to elevate that picture perfect cocktail experience?
Around Valentine’s Day, everything seems to be seen through rose colored glasses. While a tinted glass might achieve that rosy glow, it might be more festive to put the pink in the cocktail. Even those some subtle pink lighting can make anyone look fabulous, the cocktail needs a little sparkle on its own.
Recently, Beefeater Gin worked with Jane Danger, mixologist for Pernod Ricard to share some Valentine’s Day cocktails that will have your special someone swooning. Sometimes it is all about the little details.
Put sparkle in the cocktail with Rose Gold Ice Cubes.
On Valentine’s Day, many people hope for a gift that contains some gold or sparkle. With this idea, the gift bag isn’t the only item on the table with a little extra shine. Now, the ice cubes make a statement.
Sometimes, mixologists use ice cubes to make a statement. From the crystal clear, large ice cube to the flavor infused ice cube, these cocktail additions can do more than just keep a beverage cold.
For this idea, the Rose Gold Ice Cube turn the cocktail into an experience. From the aroma of the rose petals to the flavor of the rose water, the cocktail is enhanced with those florals.
Here’s how to make Rose Gold Ice Cubes.
Rose Gold Ice Cubes
- Silicone Ice Mold with 8 Cubes (4 oz/ cube)
- Filtered Water
- Edible Gold Pigment
- Rose Water
- Edible Dried Rosebuds
- Step 1: Mix 8 oz of filtered water with 1 bar spoon or generous teaspoon edible gold pigment. Pour 1 oz in each opening of the silicone ice mold. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Step 2: Mix 8 oz of filtered water with 10 dashes rose water. Pour 1 oz in each opening of the silicone ice mold. Top with crushed edible rosebuds (suggested: 3 per cube). Freeze for 1 hour.
- Step 3: Pour 2 oz of filtered water in each opening of the silicone ice mold. Freeze for 2 hours, on until frozen throughout.
Since stunning cocktails deserve their big moment, Beefeater Gin has shared a cocktail worthy of that elevated ice cube. While you might feel like you’re on cloud nine after receiving this cocktail, the whole cocktail experience is meant to feel out of this world.
Return of Saturn
- 2 parts Beefeater Gin Pink
- 3/4 parts Lemon Juice
- 3/4 parts Passionfruit syrup
- 1/2 parts Velvet Falernum
- 1/4 parts Maraschino liquor
- Build in shaking tin. Ice. Shake. Fine strain. Finish by adding Rose Gold Ice Cubes.
A word of note when making this gin cocktail. It is best to build the cocktail and place it into the glass before adding the ice cube. Since this cocktail is all about the presentation and the visual, you want that crafted ice cube to be picture perfect.
While the Return of Saturn cocktail is quite nuanced, you could use another cocktail paired with the special ice cube. Even a simple gin and tonic instantly becomes special with a little more effort.
What do you think of these gourmet ice cubes? Will you try to make some this Valentine’s Day?