Looking for game day recipes with a plant-based food option? Whether you resolved to plant-based food lifestyle or follow a flexitarian approach, these game day recipes score a huge flavor win. It might make you wonder why didn’t you make this food swap before?
Beyond Meat has a variety of plant-based food products that make recipe ingredient swaps easy. What started as just a burger has become a vast offering of products. From sausage to beef crumbles, there are options for almost any recipe.
Recently, Beyond Meat shared some easy and tasty recipes that will earn rave reviews on any game day spread. You might want to serve one of these recipes and not tell guests that the main ingredient is a plant-based food. It might be the biggest game day surprise.
Here are FoodSided’s top game day recipes featuring Beyond Meat.
Game Day Beyond Sausage Roll-Ups
Sausage rolls are a game day favorite food. With the juicy sausage surrounded by flakey pastry, it often tops the snack bracket showdown.
For people looking to make a plant-based food swap, this recipe is perfect. While you don’t have to make the rolls look like footballs, you can add some personality with the condiment decorations.
Here’s how to make Game Day Beyond Sausage Roll-Ups
- Serves: 8
- Prep time: 5 mins
- Cook time: 12-15 mins
Ingredients & Measurement:
- 1 Package Beyond Sausage Brat Original (sliced makes 16 roll-ups)
- 2 Packages puff pastry (16 total)
- Vegan egg wash
Preparation & Instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On a cutting board, slice Beyond Sausage links in half (lengthwise), then in half again (widthwise).
- Wrap each sliced Beyond Sausage piece in a puff pastry and place on a baking sheet. (Pro tip: use parchment paper to keep them from sticking)
- With a pastry brush, coat roll-ups with egg wash and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add ketchup and mustard, enjoy!
Beyond Burger Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers
Call them jalapeno poppers or stuffed peppers, this game day recipe is so satisfying. Whether you choose a vegan cheese or a traditional cheese, the recipe can be customized.
Also, if you are making this recipe, remember to take out the jalapeno seeds. The seeds bring the spice to the jalapeno. If you prefer to bring back the heat level, make sure that the jalapeno is well-prepped.
Here’s how to make Beyond Burger Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers.
- Serves: 10
- Prep time: 30 mins
- Cook time: 25 mins
Ingredients & Measurement:
- 1 package (8 oz) of plant-based Beyond Burger patties
- 10 large jalapeño peppers
- 4 ounces Neufchatel cheese, reduced fat cream cheese, or your vegan cheese of choice
- 6 tablespoons of shredded Mexican blend cheese or vegan cheese, divided use
- ¼ cup of sliced scallions
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- Optional garnish: chopped cilantro
Preparation & Instructions:
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350°F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and hit with some cooking spray or oil. Add the Beyond Burger® patties and cook until browned (about 3 minutes each side), breaking them up with a spatula as they cook. Remove them from heat and cool.
- Cut the jalapeños in half lengthwise and scoop out the ribs and seeds.
- Mix the cheese, scallions, cumin, and garlic powder together in a bowl. Stir in about 2/3 of the cooled Beyond Burger crumbles from the skillet.
- Stuff each pepper half with about a tablespoon of the filling. Arrange the stuffed peppers on a sheet pan lined with parchment or foil. Sprinkle the remaining crumbled Beyond Burger and 2 tablespoons shredded cheese on top of the peppers.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until jalapeños are cooked through and cheese is melted. Garnish with cilantro and admire your work. Devour!
Whether you make these game day recipes, a family favorite or even had a restaurant cater the event, plant-based food swaps are part of the celebration. With so many tasty options, everyone can have a seat at the table.
What are your favorite game day recipes? Are you making a new recipe this year?