While the Golden Globes might not have celebrities gathering around tables sipping champagne, the awards show is still a reason to celebrate. These movie themed cocktails are a perfect choice to toast the movie diversions that made people smile this year.
Sometimes a good movie or a moving performance is the distraction that people need in difficult times. While no one should drown themselves in a cocktail, a toast to that favorite movie or performance of the year can be a nice way to celebrate on a Sunday evening.
Movie themed cocktails can be a fun way to celebrate the evening. While Moet & Chandon is the official champagne of the Golden Globes, these cocktails take a different approach to the celebration. Using some of the nominees or favorite actors as inspiration, the cocktails are a fun sip for the evening.
Here’s some movie themed cocktails that FoodSided will be enjoying for the Golden Globes.
While Emily in Paris might not be the most popular nomination, it is an excuse to enjoy this classic cocktail. Doesn’t everyone love a light, effervescent cocktails?
- 2 oz Brut Champagne
- 1.5 oz ST-GERMAIN Elderflower Liqueur
- 2 oz Sparkling Water
- Lemon twist
- Fill a tall Collins glass with ice. Add Champagne first, then ST-GERMAIN, then Club Soda. Stir completely and then garnish with a lemon twist.
Although not everyone can be a queen, this Royal Highball could make you feel like you are wearing a the crown. The combination of flavors make it an elevated sip, just like her royal highness.
- 1.25 oz DEWAR’S White Label
- .25 oz Amontillado Sherry
- 1 Dash Peach Bitters
- 3 oz Soda Water
- Garnish: Lemon crown twist with clove studs
- Add all ingredients to chilled highball glass, add ice and top with soda, garnish with lemon zest crown.
Even though Matthew McConaughey isn’t nominated this year, the popular entertainer knows a great cocktail made with his signature Longbranch bourbon. This particular cocktail is both a nod to the Golden Globes itself as well as the golden era of movies.
- 2 Parts Longbranch
- .75 Part Lemon Juice
- .75 Part Honey Syrup
- Add ingredients to a shaker, shake with plenty of ice and double strain over new cubed ice in a rocks glass. Garnish with a lemon peel.
Sometimes the most iconic movie moments need a moment to shine, again. Inspired by the beloved movie Dirty Dancing, Baby’s Watermelon could have you thinking about your own dancing moment from the past.
- 0.75 oz Cointreau
- 2 oz The Botanist Islay Dry Gin
- 0.75 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 Cubes Watermelon
- 5 Leaves Cilantro
- Add all ingredients to a shaker and gently muddle. Add ice, shake and strain into a chilled glass. Garnish with a watermelon slice, and or lemon
Whether you enjoy one of these movie themed cocktails while watching the Golden Globes or prefer a different libation, toast to the great movies from the past and looking forward to amazing entertainment ahead.