Lipton is and continues to be an iconic tea brand. While grandma might have her classic cup of tea, these tasty tea cocktails bring some afternoon refreshment. From a citrus infused sipper to a frozen cocktail, these beverages do not require holding your pinky out.
Recently, Lipton released new Herbal Teas. Available this April, the fruit infused teas blend a touch of sweetness with a burst of refreshment. The naturally caffeine free beverages come in two flavors, Strawberry Mint and Orange Blossom.
Thinking about these beverages, they work beautifully in both mocktails and cocktails. From simply adding a sparkling mixer with a fresh garnish to a touch of gin for a herbaceous summer cocktail, these new Lipton teas could be a warm weather staple.
Ready to shake up tasty tea cocktails with Lipton?
In addition to the Herbal Teas, Lipton is offering 64 oz bottles. Available in popular flavors like Green Tea with Citrus, Georgia Style Iced Tea Peach, Southern Sweet Tea, and others, these larger sized bottles are perfect for summer gatherings.
Also, these larger bottles are perfect to create some refreshing tea cocktails. Luckily, Lipton has shared a few suggestions.
One option is the Lipton Citrus Sky. The slightly sweet cocktail is bursting with tropical fruit flavors. In a way, it could make you think of summer creamiscles in a new light. From the vanilla flavors to the citrus, this cocktail is delightful on a warm afternoon.
Here’s how to make Lipton Citrus Sky.
- 3oz Lipton Green Tea Citrus
- 2oz Passion Fruit Puree
- 1.5oz Vanilla Vodka
- .5oz Lime Juice
- .25oz Agave Nectar
- 6-8 Ice Cubes
- Add all items into a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously
- Strain over crushed ice (if you don’t have a crushed ice setting on your refrigerator, place ice cubes in a plastic bag and seal. Pound ice with mallet until fine)
- Pour contents of cocktail into a tall glass followed by the crushed ice
- Garnish with lime wheels and a mint sprig
While some people might not be ready for that exotic getaway, a cocktail can satisfy that wanderlust in a sip. This Lipton Frozen Sangria seems to combine two popular summer cocktail ideas, sangria and frozen drinks in a single glass. Plus, there is some extra fruit involved which always is a good food choice.
Here’s how to make Lipton Frozen Sangria.
- 2.5oz Lipton Green Tea Citrus
- 1oz Rose Wine
- .5oz Sloe Gin (if not available, try substituting .25oz Cassis Liquor, .25oz Plymouth Gin and 1tsp Simple Syrup)
- 3 Strawberries
- 3 Blueberries
- 10 Ice Cubes
- Add all items to blender and blend until smooth
- Pour into desired glass
- Garnish with a lemon wheel and fresh berries
Do you enjoy tea cocktails? What is your favorite summer cocktail to shake up?