While The Cheesecake Factory menu might be expansive, one item can never be left off the table. That classic Brown Bread just makes any meal complete. Although the popular restaurant might not spell out how to bake that bread at home, it is sharing how to make Brown Bread Croutons.
Ahead of National Crouton Day on May 13, The Cheesecake Factory wants everyone to have the opportunity to enjoy some Brown Bread Crotons at home. Using The Cheesecake Factory At Home Famous Brown Bread Mini Baguette, the recipe is easy to master.
Here’s the recipe for Brown Bread Croutons
- 1 each The Cheesecake Factory At Home Famous Brown Brea Mini Baguette
- 3 tbls Butter, melted
- ¼ tsp coarse salt
- ¼ tsp Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut the baguette into ½” to ¾’ cubes and place into a mixing bowl
- Drizzle the melted butter evenly over the bread cubes and down around the sides of he bowl.
- Season with salt and gently toss to incorporated
- Place the bread cubes evenly onto a baking sheet, single layer, and bake in a pre-heated 350 oven (5 minutes). Remove from the oven stir and continue to cook until crispy, approximately 5 minutes
- Remove from the oven and transfer back into the mixing bowl. Springle the parmesan cheese evenly on top and toss to incorporate. Transfer back onto the baking sheet and set aside to all to cool Oce cooled, store at room temperature until ready to serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Thinking about these croutons, the obvious use is a salad. That added crunch can make all those leafy greens more appealing.
In addition, these Brown Bread Croutons would be delightful served with a tomato soup, vegetable soup or another personal favorite soup. Even though the crunch would diminish in the soup, the added flavor can be quite enjoyable.
Or, why not make a panzanella salad with this recipe. With warmer weather ahead, the combination of the bread, tomatoes, cucumbers and other ingredients can make for a tasty, easy meal. While there are many recipes available, the concept is easily customized.
This Brown Bread Croutons recipe shows that this idea is easy to make at home. Instead of buying pre-made options that may be lacking flavor, consider using a favorite bread. Even the novice cook can master this idea and the taste will impress everyone at the table.