As the Dole Healthy Heroes assemble and watch the new Thor: Love & Thunder, the official Thor vegetarian recipe will have young and old ready to swing the hammer on healthy eating. This special recipe collaboration between Dole and Marvel continues Avengers story. Luckily, getting everyone to eat more veggies has never been easier.
While many Marvel fans appreciate the epic adventures that their favorite superheroes take, mere mortals need smart food choices to fuel their journey. Given the relationship between Dole and Marvel, the chefs have found ways to make healthy eating engaging. Beyond being full of smart nutritional choices, the flavor brings everyone back to the table for another helping.
For the newest Marvel movie, Thor: Love & Thunder, Dole is offering an official Thor vegetarian recipe. Although the god of Thunder might have ended the last Avengers movie needing a few more healthy eating choices, this recipe is hearty yet is packed with extra veggies.
Here’s how to make Thor Thunder Toastie, the official Thor vegetarian recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups loosely packed DOLE® Baby Spinach
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 large sustainably sourced eggs
- 1 ripe DOLE® Avocado, peeled and pitted
- 4 slices 21 whole grains and seeds bread
- 1 teaspoon everything seasoning
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes; cook 5 minutes or until tomatoes burst, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, spinach and salt; cook 2 minutes or until fragrant and wilted, stirring occasionally.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; spray with nonstick cooking spray. Add eggs; cover and cook 4 minutes or until egg whites are cooked through and yolks are slightly soft, or to desired doneness.
- Mash avocado with a fork in a small bowl.
- Toast bread slices. Spread toast with avocado; top with tomato mixture, eggs and seasoning. Makes 4 toasts.
While this idea is a riff on an avocado toast, the egg adds some extra protein. Whether served as a breakfast, lunch or dinner, it satisfies.
Since a great meal deserves a tasty beverage pairing, Dole has a few suggestions that continue this Thor: Love & Thunder theme. Drawing inspiration from other Avengers in the movie, consider the Groot Root Fruit Juice. The vibrant orange juice combines oranges, apples and carrots for a vitamin packed sipper.
Another idea could be to blend The Marvel Power Smoothie. This hearty blended beverage has fruits, vegetables and protein. More importantly, it has a flavor that gets cheers all around.
Ready to bring the thunder to smart food choices? What other Marvel inspired recipes have you tried?