Who doesn’t remember the excitement building as the notes from the ice cream truck grew closer. As the vehicle approached the driveway, everyone knew that a sweet delivery was arriving. With the M&M’S Ice Cream Night Freeze Truck, National Ice Cream Sandwich Day is a reason to indulge.
Summertime is meant to be full of fun. From vacation to just calling in sick from work, there are moments where those hot, sunny days should not be spent in front of a screen. Even though work hours are long, sometimes it is not the typical 9 to 5, a little break can make all the effort worthwhile.
The M&M’S Ice Cream Night Freeze Truck is a way to bring a little sweet fun to everyone. The special event will be held on August 2 in New York City.
As Jayesh Shah, Mars Ice Cream Marketing Director said, “Between projects, passions, and side hustles, we know hard work doesn’t always end after a nine to five job,” said Jayesh Shah, Mars Ice Cream Marketing Director. “The M&M’S Ice Cream Night Freeze Truck celebrates those who do it all, by inspiring more moments of happiness with a craveable late-night snack that has it all – creamy ice cream, chewy cookies, and sweet M&M’S.”
The planned M&M’S Ice Cream Night Freeze Truck stops on August 2 include:
- 12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m. at Hearst Tower (8th Ave. between 56th and 57th St.)
- 1:15 p.m.–2:45 p.m. at Paramount Plaza (Broadway between W. 51th and W. 50st St.)
- 3:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m. at M&M’S New York (W. 48th St. between Broadway & 7th Ave.)
- 4:45 p.m.–6:15 p.m. at Grace Building (W. 42nd St. between 5th and 6th Ave.)
- 7:00 p.m.–8:30 p.m. at Union Square (Union Square W. between E. 17th & E. 16th St.)
- 9:30 p.m.–11:00 p.m. (or until supplies last) at Astor Place/St. Mark’s (Corner of Cooper Sq. & Astor Pl.)
While this special event is available for New York City, everyone can enter to win a chance to enjoy summertime supply of M&M’S Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches. More information can be found at mms.com/nightfreeze.
Thinking about this special event, it shows that ice cream is an all-ages treat. It might have started as a childhood favorite that was hurriedly eaten and hopefully not dropped. As people get older, it can be that sometimes indulgence, savored slowly.
Even flavor preferences can change. Days of only wanted the rich chocolate can turn to embrace the simplicity of vanilla. No matter the scenario more and more people are screaming for ice cream.
Ready to celebrate National Ice Cream Sandwich Day? What is your favorite ice cream treat?