From Friendsgiving to a soiree, the host does not want to be stuck behind the bar holding a cocktail shaker. With holiday batch cocktails, the drinks are flowing, and everyone can pour themselves a festive libation.
While wine, beer, or even canned cocktails can simplify any holiday beverage conversation, the reality is that sometimes a cocktail sets a different tone. It might be the flavor, color, or just the spirit of raising that glass.
At the same time, few people can keep the party bar manned throughout the event. Even though a host can leave a recipe and all the ingredients to shake up that festive beverage, some guests would prefer to skip the process and just drink. Holiday batch cocktails can be that solution.
Although some people might fill the punch bowl with that beverage, these options are a little more modern. Instead of the bowl that might have some flavors that have gone flat, these spirited sippers get a burst of effervescence from that last minute pour of Q Mixers.
Holiday batch cocktails that will impress everyone at the gathering
Recently, Q Mixers shared holiday batch cocktails that not only capture the season’s flavors but also celebrate current beverage trends. Whether or not these libations are enjoyed with a well- paired food menu does not matter. Many people are ready to put down the can and pick up that glass.
Whether or not this Q Mixers cocktail cures what ails you remains to be seen, but it does combine sweet, tart, and herbaceous. Served with a cheese plate, turkey, or even just enjoyed on its own, this Tis the Season Tonic will get cheers all around.
Tis the Season Tonic
- Pour the entire contents of a750ml bottle of favorite Vodka or Gin into a larger pitcher
- 3 oz. lime juice (preferably fresh)
- 3 oz. cranberry juice
- 1.5 oz. simple syrup or agave
- Now, create a “build your own drink” station for your guests:
- Provide jigger, Collins or wine glasses and ice bucket
Create separate small bowls of seasonal ingredients:
- Rosemary sprigs
- Frozen cranberries
- Orange slices
- Lime half moons
The drink station is now ready for your guests to customize their drinks:
- Using the jigger, guests can measure 2-3oz from the pitcher and pour over ice . Add in preferred botanicals and fruit.
- Top the rest of the glass with Q Tonic
- Stir to gently mix and enjoy
Even though the espresso martini continues to have a moment, some people might prefer an easier option. This cocktail can be served with various liquors. Instead of another pass at the dessert table, it could be time to grab a glass.
Creamy Espresso Tequila Seltzer
In a large pitcher add:
- 1 bottle (750ml) of Reposado Tequila (vodka can also work)
- 2 cups coffee liqueur
- 1 cup espresso or cold brew concentrate
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- Stir to combine
- Pour 3oz of the mix into a large Collins glass
- In separate small bottles, add preferred milk selection(s): half & half, heavy cream, oat milk, almond milk, or coconut milk.
- Add desired milk (any amount from .5oz to 1.5oz) to your Collins glass with the Tequila coffee mixture then add ice to fill.
- Top with 2-3 oz of Q Club Soda
- Gently stir
- Garnish with a sprinkle of cacao or cinnamon + serve with a straw
Ready to pour some holiday batch cocktails, leave the bar behind and mingle with guests? It might be the best gift of the holiday season.