Whether it is movie night or a theme for a party, these festive holiday cocktails have a connection to some favorite Christmas characters. Whether or not people will be humming along with the cocktail shaker remains to be seen. Still, the drinking enjoyment will have everyone feeling merry and bright.
Rudolph’s Red Nose
While the steady reindeer has helped steer the course on many darkened nights, this Rudolph’s Red Nose cocktail might bring a little color to people’s cheeks. While the cocktail is relatively simple, it definitely brings a little extra merriment.
Rudolph’s Red Nose
- 1 ounce Sammy’s Red Head Rum, divided
- 4 ounces chilled champagne
- Garnish: Fresh lemon twist
- Add half the rum to a chilled champagne flute. Slowly add the chilled champagne until ½ inch from the top. Top with the remaining rum. Garnish with a fresh lemon twist.
While bumbles might bounce the Abominable Snowman does not have to be overly frightful. In this cocktail, the refreshing mint combined with the pineapple brings a little breeziness to the chill. Maybe that snowman’s chilly demeanor is starting to melt.
The Abominable Snowman
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- ½ ounce fresh lime juice
- 4 fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 ounce Sammy’s Beach Bar Platinum
- Soda water, as needed
- 1 ounce Sammy’s Red Head Rum
- 2 or 3 dashes Peychaud’s Bitters
- Garnish: Toasted coconut, fresh pineapple wedge, maraschino
- Add mint leaves to the bottom of a hurricane glass. Using a muddler, gently (yet firmly) muddle the mint, add lime juice and set aside. In a blender, add a couple handfuls of ice along with the cream of coconut, pineapple chunks and Beach Bar Platinum Rum. Purée until blended. Pour into the hurricane glass that contains the mint and lime juice, then top with soda water. Float the Beach Bar Red Head Rum on top along with two dashes of bitters. Garnish with toasted coconut, fresh pineapple wedge and a maraschino cherry.
While the classic tale has been told a hundred times over, this Elijah Craig Bourbon Cocktail from The Westin Riverwalk in San Antonio, Texas balances a little sweetness with the big, bold bourbon. It might be time to crack open another bottle.
- 2 oz Elijah Craig Bourbon
- .5 oz maple simple syrup
- Orange/regular bitters
- Combine Elijah Craig Bourbon and maple simple syrup and shake on ice. Strain into a whiskey glass with a big ice rock. Add a dash of orange and regular bitters and stir.
Triple Dog Dare
While Ralphie might have received his ultimate Christmas gift, this cocktail is a triple threat. Even though this sipper does not require anyone to get their tongue stuck to a flag pole, the beverage does have a flavor that many people will want to enjoy a little longer. While the mixologists at TPC Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida are serving this treat, they graciously shared the recipe for everyone to enjoy.
Triple Dog Dare
- 1.5oz High West Double Rye
- .5oz Foro Amaro
- 5oz Tempus Fugit Crème de Banane
- .5oz Cocchi Vermouth di Torino
- 1 Dash Whiskey Barrel Bitters
- 2 Dashes Angostura Bitters
- Combine all ingredients, stir and strain into a coupe glass. Garnish with a Filthy Cherry for a festive touch and toast to the holiday season and the daring spirit of A Christmas Story.
Have some festive holiday cocktails to share? What do you sip when watching a classic holiday movie?