This SOUR PATCH KIDS recipe will have you make Krispy Cereal Treats now.
As the SOUR PATCH KIDS store opened in New York City, this Krispy Cereal Treats with SOUR PATCH KIDS recipe brings a taste of that impressive dessert menu into your kitchen. Are you ready to get baking?
Many people love Krispy Cereal Treats. The combination of rice cereal and marshmallows is simply tasty. More importantly, the dessert recipe is easy to make. With just a handful of ingredients, it is a dessert that everyone can be successful creating.
Although the simple version of this dessert recipe is always tasty, many people have taken to modifying the recipes. Usually, the recipe is updated by adding different mix-ins. From chocolate chips to candy pieces, those additions change the flavor.
Recently, the SOUR PATCH KIDS Sweets Bar and store opened in New York City. Filled with delicious SOUR PATCH KIDS desserts, candy fans are craving these treats. Luckily, SOUR PATCH KIDS shared their recipe to their Krispy Cereal Treats that is on the menu.
Here’s how to make Krispy Cereal Treats with SOUR PATCH KIDS recipe.
- 1 box (18 oz) of rice cereal
- 1 bag (8 oz) of SOUR PATCH KIDS Candy
- 9 TBSP Butter
- 20 oz Miniature Marshmallows
- Prepare two half sheet pans with parchment paper and set aside
- Place cereal and SOUR PATCH KIDS in a large bowl to accommodate mixing all ingredients together
- Melt butter in large (8 qt) pot. Add mini-marshmallows and melt over medium heat, stirring constantly
- Pour mixture over cereal and SOUR PATCH KIDS candy in bowl
- Stir with spatula, or gloved hands, (mixture will be hot), until evenly coated
- Divide evenly between two pans, spread evenly with hands. To level mixture, place a second sheet of parchment paper on top and press gently using the sheetpan, repeat for second pan.
- Allow mixture to set for several hours, then cut each pan into 3” pieces, yielding 24 pieces per pan
- Optional: Dip in melted chocolate, SOUR PATCH KIDS CANDY pieces, and top with a SOUR PATCH KID Marshmallow.
This dessert recipe is perfect to make as a family. The kids can easily help. Sometimes when you help make a dessert, it tastes even better.
Also, the optional choices to change the recipe make dessert quite decadent. From the extra candy to the chocolate, these additions might make you want to have a smaller serving size.
Another fun idea would be to serve these dipped rice cereal treats on a stick. Sometimes eating food on a stick just makes it fun. Plus, this serving method helps to keep hands a little less sticky.
Lastly, you could make an ice cream sandwich with the rice crispy treats. A little vanilla ice cream between the two treats would be quite tasty.
With this Krispy Cereal Treats with SOUR PATCH KIDS recipe you can bring a taste of the SOUR PATCH KIDS store to your kitchen. Who’s ready to get baking?
What is your favorite SOUR PATCH KIDS flavor?