Need a new guacamole recipe, this Chunky Guacamole recipe is a winner.
From Taco Tuesday to National Guacamole Day, this Chunky Guacamole recipe could become your new favorite dish. You don’t have to live in Florida to enjoy this Tom Brady favorite guacamole. Anyone can mash up this TB12 Method recipe.
Many people have read, tried and believe in the TB12 Method lifestyle. While the program works for many people, enjoying the tasty recipes are limited to just people following the plan. These recipes are delicious whether you cleanse monthly or drowned yourself in beer following that disastrous game on Sunday.
For many people guacamole is a favorite recipe. From serving it with chips to putting it on sandwiches to a variety of other options, it has become a recipe staple. But, not all versions are the same.
One of the biggest concerns with guacamole is that you have to eat is fresh. When the enzymes in the avocado get exposed to air, they oxidize. That’s why your guacamole (and avocado) turn brown.
Not only is the color unappetizing, the taste is too. An oxidized avocado can taste bitter. No one wants a bitter avocado.
Since many people are looking to supplement their lifestyle choices with healthy ingredients, avocados have taken over the kitchen. From fiber and potassium to good fats and vitamins, avocados are one of those super foods.
Today, people use avocado in a variety of recipes. From salads to smoothies to even desserts, there is always a reason to add avocados to your shopping list.
Still, many people are drawn to guacamole. Whether you like it spicy, smooth, chunky or mild, there are many ways to adapt this classic dish.
Here’s how to make the TB12 Chunky Guacamole, as published in the new paperback edition new paperback edition of The TB12 Method: How to Do What You Love Better and For Longer. If you are unfamiliar with the TB12, it is a health and wellness brand co-founded by Tom Brady and Alex Guerrero. The TB12 book shares the philosophy behind the method, a nutritional guide and recipes that support the lifestyle.
TB12 Chunky Guacamole recipe
Makes: 2 servings (about 1 cup)
Takes: 10 minutes
- 1 ripe Haas Avocado
- ¼ cup diced white onion, rinsed and strained
- ½ green jalapeño, seeded and finely diced, optional
- Zest of 1 lemon or lime + 1 Tablespoon fresh juice
- 12 fresh basil leaves, rolled and sliced into thin ribbons
- 1 clove of garlic, finely grated or minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt (you can add more to taste at the end)
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- Place the onion, garlic, salt, spices, juice, and chilies in a bowl. Zest citrus into mix, and mix well.
- Run your knife around each avocado lengthwise, carefully cutting down to the pit. Twist the avocado in half and remove the pit. With the cut side up, slice the avocado into cubes. With a spoon scoop the cubes of 1/2 the avocado into the bowl, mash with a fork until smooth, add the cubes of the second avocado and the basil and fold into mix, mashing slightly but leaving big chunks mostly intact.
- Adjust salt and jalapeno to taste and serve immediately.
- Skip the chips and serve with veggie sticks or Sweet Potato Toast instead!
While this chunky guacamole recipe might not give you Tom Brady’s arm, it is quite tasty. Plus, you will feel good about having a healthy dish on the table.
What’s your favorite guacamole recipe?