This simple macaron recipe will have the whole family saying oui, oui.
For dessert lovers, this simple macaron recipe can turn anyone in the family into a baker. As part of the Dole program focusing on we all can cook, this Disney inspired recipe will get the whole family in the kitchen.
A macaron is one of the tastiest desserts. The delicate cookie with its iconic feet delight with impressive flavors.
Although these desserts are delicious, they can be difficult to make. It takes a skilled hand to master the technique and flavor.
Dole has created a series of recipes inspired by Disney and Pixar’s Ratatouille. The idea behind this campaign is to show families that with the right ingredients, tools, and confidence, everyone can cook.
This simple macaron recipe is almost like a semi-homemade treat. It brings together some store bought ingredients with a fruit filled center.
While it is a dessert, families can feel good about all the fruit in each bite.
Here’s how to make a simple macaron recipe, Oui Oui Wafer Banana Macarons.
- ½ (8-ounce) package plain vegan cream cheese
- 1 small ripe DOLE® Banana, peeled and mashed (about ⅓ cup)
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ kiwi, peeled and finely chopped
- 16 drained mandarin oranges in mandarin orange juice, halved crosswise
- 64 vanilla wafer cookies
- PURÉE cheese, banana and sugar in a food processor on high 30 seconds or until smooth; transfer to medium bowl and stir in kiwi. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to overnight. Makes about 1 cup.
- TRANSFER cheese mixture to small zip-top plastic bag; snip bottom corner with kitchen scissors. Pipe 1½ teaspoons cheese mixture in center of 32 wafer cookies; place 1 orange slice in center of cheese mixture and top with remaining wafer cookies. Serve macarons immediately. Makes 32 macarons.
This recipe may not be exactly a traditional macaron, but it gives the dessert an easy twist. If the idea is to inspire families to get into the kitchen and cook, this idea is a good one.
As families master these easy recipes, they can try other recipes. From sweet to savory, a love of cooking can last a lifetime. Ready to get cooking?
What is an easy recipe that your family loves?