Thanks to the ALDI Test Kitchen, you can make the best hot cocoa bomb recipe at home.
Stop having hot cocoa bomb envy because the best hot cocoa bomb recipe from the ALDI Test Kitchen is going to change you holiday beverage drinking experience. If you are looking for a tasty recipe, ALDI has created one. Plus, you can even make an adult version for those nights when Santa isn’t watching.
Every season there seems to be a food trend that captivates everyone’s attention. This year, the hot cocoa bomb is everywhere. From theme parks and restaurants to home cooks and store-bought versions, it is this year’s holiday beverage.
While some people will prefer to just buy a pre-made version, many people will want to make their own. From being able to customize the ingredients to a fun afternoon in the kitchen, the best hot chocolate bomb recipe from ALDI is a must try.
Using favorite ALDI Finds, this recipe is quite easy. Granted, you do have to wait for the bomb to chill, but you could bake some cookies while you wait. Cookies and milk are always a perfect holiday treat.
Here’s how to make the best hot cocoa bomb recipe from the ALDI Test Kitchen.
ALDI Hot Cocoa Bombs Ingredient List
- 1 package Moser Roth Dark Collection 70% Cocoa Chocolate Bar, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Baker’s Corner Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 package Beaumont Cocoa Hot Cocoa Mix
- Spangler Candy Canes, crushed
- Baker’s Corner Miniature Marshmallows
Hot Cocoa Bomb Recipe Courtesy of Chef Trevor, ALDI Test Kitchen
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes (plus 25 minutes to chill and set)
- Total Time: 20 minutes (plus 25 to chill and set)
- Servings: 4
- Prepare a double boiler over medium-low heat. Meanwhile, combine chopped chocolates and morsels in a small bowl.
- Add half of the chocolate to the double boiler. Monitor temperature using a candy thermometer or other food safe thermometer. Do not allow chocolate to rise about 120° F at any point.
- Once chocolate is melted and at 110-115°, remove from heat. In small batches, incorporate remaining chocolate. Be sure to melt what you’ve added prior to adding more.
- Continue to monitor temperature and stir until temperature reaches 82°. Transfer back to double boiler and bring to 91°.
- At 91° remove from heat, add 2 tablespoons of chocolate to each half of the 3-inch silicon sphere molds. Tilt mold in all directions to properly coat entire bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes. Reserve remaining chocolate.
- The chocolate should have begun to set at this point. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out the inside of the half sphere. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Peel molds away to release chocolate. Set aside.
- Warm a small sauté pan over low heat. Lightly press one half sphere, open side down, on the sauté pan to even. Place back in mold.
- Fill with 1/2 packet cocoa mix, and preferred amount of crushed candy cane and marshmallows.
- Repeat step 8, instead pressing the halves together. Allow 5 minutes to set.
- Bring remaining chocolate to 88°, drizzle over sealed bombs and decorate with remaining candy canes pieces.
While this recipe is ALDI’s take, you can play with the recipe, too. From adding some liqueur to the hot cocoa to even changing the ingredients inside the chocolate bomb, the possibilities are many. For example, add a little cinnamon or nutmeg to the cocoa mix to bring warm spices.
Have you made a hot cocoa bomb this holiday season? Will you enjoy one?