Need a delicious appetizer recipe? Bacon Wrapped Apple Bites are the recipe.
An easy, tasty appetizer is Bacon Wrapped Apple Bites. While everything is better with bacon, this recipe combines flavor and texture into a single bite. From the novice cook to an experienced chef, these appetizers are easy to master.
Many people say that everything is better with a little bacon. Whether you agree with that statement or not, bacon does add a savory, salty flavor to many recipes.
At the same time, there are a few ways to make bacon even tastier. Although the sizzle from the griddle entices, bacon can be transformed in many ways. For example, candied bacon can add to that sweet and savory appeal.
In this recipe for Bacon Wrapped Apple Bites, the bacon is glazed with Angry Orchard Unfiltered Cider and brown sugar. With a touch of sugar, the bacon gets a little sticky and sweet.
Without taking away from the flavor of bacon, itself, the glaze enhances the total eating experience. Also, you could use this candied/glazed bacon recipe on its own.
Looking at the rest of the recipe, this appetizer idea combines all the flavors that make it satisfying. The apples have the crunch. The brie makes each bite luscious. The bacon makes it so satisfying.
In a way, it could replace that bacon wrapped date recipe that is a common appetizer recipe. This recipe could become the star on the plate.
Here’s how to make Angry Orchard Bacon Wrapped Apple Bites.
Angry Orchard Bacon Wrapped Apple Bites
- 1 large apple (honeycrisp, fuji or green), cut into 24 (1”x ¼”) pieces
- 24 pieces brie cheese, cut into (1”x ¼”) pieces
- ½ pound thick cut bacon, slices cut in half
- 1 (12 fl. oz.) bottle Angry Orchard Unfiltered Cider
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Wrap apple and brie together with the bacon and secure with a toothpick.
For the Angry glaze:
- In a small sauce pan over MEDIUM-HIGH heat, add all ingredients and reduce until thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon- about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and reserve until ready to use.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp. Remove from oven, drizzle with the glaze and serve.
If you are looking to modify the recipe a little, changing the apple will change the flavor. A Fjii apple matches the flavor in the Angry Orchard flavor best. But, a green apple might have a crispier texture.
Also, if you prefer a little spice with your recipe, you could add a little spice to the glaze. Although a hot honey changes the recipe completely, a few extra spices with the cinnamon can add a little zip.
What do you think of the Bacon Wrapped Apple Bites appetizer recipe? Will you try to make them?