Pepper Teigen has a Spicy Thai Chicken Wings recipe that you will crave.
From football watching to Sunday funday, this Spicy Thai Chicken Wings recipe from Pepper Teigen will have everyone cheering. While everyone knows that Chrissy Teigen is a force in the kitchen, her mom is a talented chef, too. With her upcoming cookbook, The Pepper Thai Cookbook: Family Recipes from Everyone’s Favorite Thai Mom, everyone’s favorite Thai mom shares her cooking secrets. Ready to get cooking?
Recently Teigen partnered with BABE Wine, the official Wine sponsor of the NFL, to share a delicious chicken wing recipe that is a must for football watching. Since wings and football are always a winning combination, this recipe could be the start of your next tailgating spread.
Thanks to BABE Wine, the whole recipe has been shared so that everyone can enjoy these tasty chicken wings for all the big games to end the football season. It is time to gather the ingredients and get cooking.
But, don’t forget the BABE Wine. From the canned wines to the bottles, there are many pairing options. While there might not be a wrong wine pairing, one tasty recommendation would be the Family Time is Hard Pinot Grigio. A pinot grigio often adds a nice balance to spicy dishes.
Another option would be the Babe Rose. As everyone knows, a rose can go with almost anything.
Here’s how to make Spicy Thai Chicken Wings recipe from Pepper Teigen.
Crispy Chicken Wings
Reprinted from The Pepper Thai Cookbook. Copyright © 2021 by Vilailuck Teigen with Garrett Snyder. Published by Clarkson Potter, an imprint of Random House.
Serves 4 to 6:
- 3 pounds chicken wings, patted dry
- ¼ cup plus 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon ground white pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Vegetable oil, for deep-fry
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Thai sweet chili sauce or Spicy Garlic-Lime Fish
- Put the chicken wings in a large bowl. Add the fish sauce, garlic powder, white pepper, and salt and toss to coat. Set aside for 15 minutes (or refrigerate for 30 minutes).
- Meanwhile, fill a wok, large heavy pot, or deep skillet with at least 2 inches of oil, making sure to leave a few inches of clearance from the rim. Heat the oil over medium heat to 370 F (use a deep-fry thermometer or test the oil by throwing in a little piece of bread or a grain of rice; if it sizzles immediately but doesn’t burn, you’re ready). Set a wire rack in a sheet pan or line a plate with paper towels and have it nearby.
- While the oil is heating, in a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch and baking powder. Sprinkle the mixture over the wings and toss until a paste forms, making sure all the wings are evenly coated.
- When the oil is hot, add 4 or 5 wings to the pan and fry until they’re a deep golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. The color of the crust will tell you when they’re cooked, so keep an eye on the wings and adjust the heat as needed as you’re frying.
- Drain the wings on the wire rack or paper towels and fry the next batch. Serve warm with sweet chili sauce or, if you like it hot, try the spicy fish sauce.
Are you ready to whip with this Crispy Chicken Wings recipe from Pepper Teigen? What is your favorite chicken wings recipe?