As part of Dole’s partnership with Disney and Pixar’s Soul, its Loaded Banana Bread recipe is a riff on that traditional recipe that everyone knows well. Although the quick bread might be a staple for re-purposing ripened bananas, this Loaded Banana Bread recipe offers a different tune. With a vegetarian twist, everyone at the table will be singing its praises.
Periodically, Dole showcases simple, family friendly recipes that tie to a particular Disney movie. With the recently released `Soul, Dole shared recipes that show how music and food can have perfect harmony. From the Right Note Smoothie to veggie forward pizza recipes, there is a dish that will have many families singing a happy tune.
The Loaded Banana Bread recipe is a riff on a traditional banana bread. While many people have taken to baking over the past year, quick breads offered a way to explore the science of baking without having to master that infamous sourdough starter.
In addition, banana bread is a great recipe to reduce food waste. Even if families eat a banana with breakfast, there can be that over ripened banana in the fruit bowl. Since food should never just be thrown away, that banana can be transformed into another tasty treat.
Here’s how to make the Loaded Banana Bread recipe from Dole.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1½ cups white whole wheat flour plus additional for dusting
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 5 medium very ripe DOLE® Bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup almond milk yogurt alternative
- ¼ cup natural buttery spread with olive oil, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup crushed pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray; dust bottom and sides of pan with flour.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk eggs in a large bowl; stir in bananas, yogurt, buttery spread and vanilla extract. Add flour mixture and stir just until combined; pour into prepared pan and sprinkle with pecans. Bake bread 1 hour 5 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few crumbs and top is golden brown.
- Cool bread 10 minutes on a wire rack; run a small knife around edge of pan to loosen and remove bread from pan. Cool completely on wire rack; cut into 10 (¾-inch-thick) slices.
With this recipe, a few swaps can keep the flavors fresh. For example, swap 2/3 cup diced strawberries for one of the bananas. The strawberries bring sweetness to the mix yet the textures stay the same.
Overall, if you are looking new banana bread recipe, this one could be a family favorite. Why turn on the oven and get baking.
What is your best banana bread recipe hack?