Even though the leprechaun might try to pull a St. Patrick’s Day trick, these lucky waffle recipes will have the whole household feeling a wee bit Irish. Even though the colors and shapes might be perfect for St. Patrick’s Day, the tasty waffle recipes do not have to be put filed away till next year’s holiday. Just like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, these recipes are a treasure all year long.
Many home cooks have discovered Dash small appliances. From the mini waffle makers to the blenders to even that mandoline, Dash has variety kitchen essentials that make quick work of any kitchen task.
For St. Patrick’s Day, Dash has shared a couple tasty waffle recipes , including Four-Leaf Clover Heart Waffles. While those waffles are picture perfect for St. Patrick’s Day breakfast, lunch or dinner, you can adapt this recipe to any waffle maker. Sure, you might not have that lucky clover on the plate but you will enjoy a tasty waffle.
Here’s how to make Four-Leaf Clover Heart Waffles
- 1 1/2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Place all the ingredients in the Dash Chef Series Blender and blend until smooth.
- Use 3 tablespoons of batter to fill up the Dash Heart Mini Waffle Maker and cook until you have 4 to make a shamrock.
- You can also make them with 3 hearts
As more and more people have made breakfast a bigger meal, those breakfast recipes have become the convenient way to boost nutritional choices. From sneaking in a few more fruits and vegetables to boosting the protein, there are many ways to transform that family favorite food a superfood.
In this recipe for Superfood Shamrock Waffles, the spinach not only adds color to the recipe but it is packed with vitamins. And, maybe the kids will be so thrilled with green waffles they will want them often. Sometimes a little cooking creativity can go a long way.
Give tasty waffle recipes a boost with Superfood Shamrock Waffles
- 1 3/4 cups almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In the Dash Chef Series Blender, combine milk, spinach, yogurt and eggs.
- Blend until smooth then add remaining ingredients and blend until fully incorporated.
- Preheat Dash Heart Mini Waffle Maker .
- Add 3 Tablespoons batter and cook until lightly browned on both sides.
- Arrange 4 heart shaped waffles into a shamrock and serve with warm syrup
Whether you are looking to bring a little green to the plate for St. Patrick’s Day, want to boost the nutrition in a recipe or just want to serve some tasty waffle recipes to the whole family, these ideas will bring smiles around the table. What are you waiting for? Isn’t it time to get cooking?
What simple recipe do you enjoy making? Are you always looking for a little extra creativity in the kitchen?