Get her throne ready, crown polished and raise a toast to the Momosa. While the mimosa might be the classic brunch beverage, this slight twist is the ultimate Mother’s Day beverage. Are you ready to celebrate mom with the perfect brunch cocktail?
At brunch, the mimosa is often the beverage of choice. From the bottomless varieties to the flavorful, surprising ingredients, sometimes that combination of juice and sparkling wine can be more than just a liquid in a flute glass.
As Mother’s Day approaches, everyone is looking to make this celebration even more festive. The Momosa is the perfect beverage for breakfast, brunch or just that leisurely afternoon of relaxation.
Where can you get a Momosa, the Mother’s Day beverage?
While some people might just label a traditional mimosa a Momosa for Mother’s Day, there are some ideas that make the beverage a little more special. Even a simple garnish or mix of juices can turn the traditional into something fabulous.
At the Hard Rock Restaurants, the Momosa Bar features a flight of juices and a bottle of Riondo Prosecco. Whether mom chooses to create her own juice blend or experiments with them all, she is in charge of her beverage adventure.
Consider pairing that cocktail with one of the several lobster dishes on the menu. From the Lobster Cobb Salad to the Lobster Flatbread, the options are many. And, don’t forget the Strawberry Shortcake Sundae. Every Mother’s Day meal should end on a sweet note.
For an at-home option, Einstein Bros Bagels is helping to set up that Momosa wits Brunch Box. Included with all that the family needs to create the perfect bagel brunch is a recipe card for several mimosa recipes.
Included on the recipe card are the Grande Orange, Blushing Mimosa, Cranberry Delight and Mom’s Margarita Mimosa. It seems that mom could be sipping a mimosa long after brunch is finished.
For a simple recipe to make at home, Seagram’s Escapes partnered with Cynthia Bailey recently. Their take on the Momosa features Seagram’s Escapes Peach Bellini.
Here’s how to make one.
- 4 Parts Seagram’s Escapes Peach Bellini
- 2 parts sparkling wine
Lastly, if the at home bar has been shaking up some elevated cocktails, why not elevate that Momosa. This cocktails from Sauza Tequila could have mom feel that she is on a perfect beach escape.
- ½ parts Sauza® Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila
- ¼ parts DeKuyper® Strawberry Liquor
- 2 ½ parts (chilled) Rose Champagne
- ½ parts limeade
- 2 strawberries
- 1 pinch of sugar
- Squeeze of lime
- Wash, stem, quarter and freeze strawberries for at least 1 hour (can be done the day ahead). Run a wedge of lime around the rim of your champagne flute and dip in a plate of sugar to coat rim. Repeat until glass is prepared. Place 2frozen strawberries in the bottom of the flute. Open champagne and pour glass approximately 2/3 of the way full. In a shaker filled with ice, combine tequila, limeade, and strawberry liquor. Shake. Add a squeeze of fresh lime if desired. Top glass with the cocktail and serve immediately.
What are you serving mom for Mother’s Day? Do the food and beverage feature all her favorite flavors?