Whether it is a beverage as dad mans the grill, relaxes by the pool, or just enjoys the view from his favorite chair, these fantastic Father’s Day cocktails can make him feel like the king of the house. From riffs on classic cocktails to a little humor in the glass, there is a libation for every personality and occasion. Maybe the question isn’t which cocktail will he enjoy. It might be which cocktail will he enjoy first?
Holidays and cocktails go hand in hand. While many people have a signature cocktail, others prefer to shake up something new for a special occasion. Whether it features a preferred liquor or dusting that special bottle off the shelf, the options are many.
Which Father’s Day cocktails will dad choose this year?
Rémy Martin is always a sophisticated sip. While quite enjoyable on its own, this version of a Sidecar is quite delightful. Maybe dad would like to slowly sip one as he waits for his feast to be served.
- 2oz Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal
- ¾ oz Cointreau
- ¾ oz Lemon juice
- Pour 2 oz of Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal, ¾ oz of Cointreau and ¾ oz of lemon juice into a shaker filled with ice.
- Shake, strain and pour into a coupette glass.
- Finish with lemon peel for freshness.
Ryan Reynolds always shakes up a little humor with his Father’s Day offering. This year, with the help of Nick Cannon, this Father’s Day cocktail captures another aspect of the dad life.
Here’s how to make the Vasectomy.
- Tall Glass of Ice
- 1 oz Cranberry Juice
- 3 oz Tonic
- Dash of Lemon Juice
- 1.5 oz Aviation American Gin
Good Old Pine
Since Father’s Day hits during the summer, it is the perfect time to add some tropical flavors to the mix. This cocktail featuring pineapple syrup adds a touch of sweetness and the bitters bring the nuance. It is simple but quite satisfying.
- 2 oz Mount Gay Black Barrel
- 1/4 oz Pineapple Syrup
- 2 Dashes of Bitters (Angostura or Aromatic)
- Blend simple syrup and pineapple chunks
- Skin on for a sustainable and earthy flavor
- Strain and use
- Add all ingredients to glass and stir over big cube
- Garnish with lemon peel and/or pineapple frond
Grey Goose Essences Clear Skies
Even if there is a touch of rain on Father’s Day, this Grey Goose cocktail will make it seem bright and sunny. The Grey Goose Essences has a lovely combination of fruit and herb. Looking for the sunny side with this special cocktail.
- 1 ½ oz GREY GOOSE® Essences Watermelon & Basil
- 4 ½ oz Soda Water
- + Dash of Fresh Lime Juice
- + Dash of Peychaud’s bitters
- + Fresh Basil
- Build in a wine glass over cubed ice. Garnish with fresh basil.
BACARDÍ Rum Negroni
A negroni is always a great aperitif. This version using the aged BACARDI is quite delicious. Plus, don’t forget the large ice cube which allows more even melting.
- 2 oz BACARDÍ Reserva Ocho Rum
- 1 oz MARTINI & ROSSI® Riserva Speciale Rubino
- 1 oz MARTINI & ROSSI® Bitter Liqueur
- Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing glass with ice, and stir until well chilled. Strain into a rocks glass filled with a large ice cube. Garnish with an orange wedge or twist.
Sometimes dear old dad has a few tricks up his sleeve. This cocktail has a little mystery in the glass. A touch sweet, a little bright, and a total sipping experience.
- 2 oz El Bandido Yankee Tequila Reposado
- 1 oz Amontillado Sherry
- ¼ oz Amaro Ciociaro
- Add everything to a mixing glass with ice. Stir and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with an orange twist.
When you want to send a love note to dear dad, this cocktail from Don Papa brings that sentiment. The combination of sherry, vermouth and the Don Papa might have dad shed a tear or two.
- 1 1/2oz Don Papa 7 Year
- 3/4oz Fino Sherry
- 3/4oz French dry vermouth
- 2 Dash of orange bitters
- In a mixing glass, add 3-5 ice cubes and all the ingredients. Stir well and serve using a strainer in a coupe glass.
Instead of that song about a rambling man, this bramble influenced cocktail brings the fresh flavors of summer berries to the glass. While the cocktail uses blackberry liqueur, the garnish of fresh blackberries bright and refreshing.
- 1½ parts Hudson Short Stack
- ¾ part blackberry liqueur
- ½ part fresh lemon juice
- Dash Angostura bitters
- Add all to cocktail shaker with ice and shake until chilled. Strain into rocks glass over new ice. Garnish with blackberries.
DeLeón Reposado Old Fashioned de Miel
Sometimes a classic cocktail can get a flavorful swap. Instead of grabbing another bottle of whiskey, consider the DeLeón Reposado Tequila. The craft tequila is a sip of ultimate luxury. The smokey liquor with a hint of sweetness makes for a flavor in this version of an Old Fashioned. And, don’t forget that brandied cherry. It is the added nuance that makes the cocktail shine.
- 1 ½ oz DeLeón Reposado Tequila
- ¾ oz Orange Blossom Honey Syrup
- 3 Dashes Smoked Apricot Bitters
- Garnish: Large Format Ice Cube, Orange Peel, Brandied Cherry
- Add all ingredients into a mixing glass with ice. Stir vigorously until cold. Strain over a large ice cube in a Rocks glass. Twist an orange peel over the drink to release the oils. Garnish with an orange peel and a brandied cherry.
What Father’s Day cocktails will you be enjoying this year? Do you have a tasty one to add to the list?