As Trekkies celebrate the 40th anniversary of The Wrath of Khan, Coolhaus is serving up the ultimate Trekkie ice cream sandwich featuring the Wrath of P’Khan ice cream. While this ice cream brand believes in infinite possibilities, this special offering is more than just another pint in the freezer. The woman owned brand who believes in ice cream for all is ready to hand over the secret to this Trekkie ice cream sandwich. Ready to beam up a bite of creamy deliciousness?
While Khan might have reminded Kirk of an old Klingon Proverb, it isn’t just revenge that is served cold. As the Wrath of Khan ice cream truck travels around this summer, many people are hungry for this cold treat. Although screaming for ice cream is a given, there is an even tastier reason to yell KHANNNN.
Periodically, Coolhaus looks to combine food and culture in an ice cream. Whether it is celebrating strong women or embracing the unifying nature of ice cream, the brand appreciates that food can and should be that connector.
With the Wrath of P’Khan flavored ice cream, the play on words is clear. More importantly, the flavor entices even the person who doesn’t know the difference between The Enterprise and the Millenium Falcon. It is sweet, creamy and a little nutty, something that could describe the classic Star Trek movie.
And, for those people who cannot get a scoop from the special food truck, Coolhaus has graciously shared the recipe for the Wrath of P’Khan. Ready to serve the ultimate Trekkie Ice Cream Sandwich?
Maple Pecan Ice Cream | Recipe
- 1 pint Coolhaus’ Best of Both Worlds Vanilla
- 1 tbl (15g) maple syrup
For Buttered Pecan Swirl:
- 1/2 cup (70g) raw pecans pieces (or 1/2 cup)
- 1 tbl butter (heaping)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Grab yourself a pint of Coolhaus’ Best of Both Worlds Vanilla (dairy free or regular). Remove from freezer and allow to soften enough to incorporate maple syrup and pecan mixture.
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt butter under medium-high heat. Add pecans and stir until pecans are warm and thoroughly coated in butter. Take note to not burn butter.
- Add 1/2 maple syrup to pecans and mix to combine. Turn off heat and allow mixture to cool in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Add 1 tbl of maple syrup plus the cooled pecan mixture to ice cream pint and mix thoroughly throughout.
While Spock might have said, “I Have Been…And Always Shall Be… Your Friend,” a Trekkie ice cream sandwich or that Wrath of P’Khan ice cream will be that scoop you will want to enjoy over and over this summer.