As a kid, the melody from the ice cream truck instantly brought a smile. Whether it was a Bomb Pop, an ice cream sandwich, or a Drumstick, there was something about summer and ice cream that made the day brighter. With ice cream cocktails, that fun and whimsy of summer is just a sip away.
Adult ice cream and ice cream cocktails are not necessarily a new idea. Tipsy Scoop might be one of the most well-known liquor infused ice cream offerings. Whether it is bourbon, Jaja Tequila, or a sparkling wine that give each spoonful a little extra, the deliciousness of the flavors brings people back for more.
Whether enjoyed straight from the pint, scooped into a bowl, or even blended into a shake, Tipsy Scoop always delights. For those moments when you want to feel like a kid but prefer a little extra, this boozy ice cream always delivers.
If a pint of Tipsy Scoop isn’t in the freezer, do not fret. There are other ways to enjoy some ice cream cocktails. Beyond just adding a shot (or two) to a milkshake or just bathing vanilla ice cream in a liqueur, there are some tasty recipes that deliver big flavor.
For example, Disaronno suggests this twist on a popular coffee beverage. This Caramel Macchiato is perfect as a dessert after a luscious meal. But, just be careful to sip slowly. One cocktail packs a big punch.
- 2 oz Disaronno Velvet
- 2 oz Vanilla Vodka
- 1 oz Tia Maria Cold Brew
- 2 Scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream
- Garnish: Caramel
- Add Disaronno Velvet, Tia Maria Cold Brew and Vanilla Vodka to a blender with two scoops of vanilla ice cream. Blend together, garnish with a caramel drizzle and enjoy with a straw.
Another popular choice under the ice cream cocktails category is the affogato. The traditional coffee and ice cream combination gets an upgrade from Frangelico. The hazelnut liqueur blends wonderfully with the coffee and ice cream. And, if you put an extra “splash” in the glass, it is totally permissible.
- 1 shot Espresso or Freshly Brewed Coffee
- 2 scoops Ice Cream or Gelato
- 1 splash Frangelico
- Using your desired brewing method, brew 1 shot espresso or hot coffee. As the espresso/coffee is brewing, drop 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream or gelato into a rocks glass. Pour the espresso shot and 1 splash of Frangelico over the gelato or ice cream and enjoy!
What ice cream cocktails do you recommend? Are these beverages your sweet ending to a tasty meal?