Fire up the grill with this California Cookout Classic Burger recipe.
Summertime is always about grilling, but sometimes you need a new recipe. This California Cookout Classic Burger recipe will change your grilling perspective. Are you ready for a new taste from the grill?
Food trends are always evolving. From bold flavors to new ingredients, that classic burger is always changing.
One of the biggest food trends is plant-based food. While everyone has a different perspective, there are many reasons why plant-based food has become more popular. From lifestyle choices to just wanting different flavors, it seems that plant-based food is just as common as the traditional hamburger.
As seen recently, many people are choosing to try plant-based food, like Beyond Meat, because it is more available. Whether it was meat shortages or a willingness to try something new, Beyond Burger grilling kits have been flying off store shelves.
With summer grilling on everyone’s mind, Beyond Burger created a grilling pack to make eating these plant-based burgers convenient. Sometimes convenience makes people more willing to try something different.
The key with the Beyond Burger is to find recipes that are flavorful. Recently, Beyond Meat shared a California Cookout Classic Burger recipe. This recipe shines because of the Plant-based sun-dried tomato aioli.
Here’s how to make the California Cookout Classic Burger recipe.
- 2 Cookout Classic™ patties
- 2 Burger buns
- 1/2 Avocado, sliced
- 1 cup arugula
- 4 slices of tomato
- 2 slices vegan smoked gouda
Plant-Based Sun-Dried Tomato Aioli
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp finely minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Start by making the caramelized onions. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil, thinly sliced onions, and 1 tsp salt. Cook for 20-25 minutes stirring occasionally until the onions are soft and starting to brown.
- While the onions are cooking, prepare the aioli by mixing together the plant-based mayo, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and lemon pepper. Chop the garlic and sun-dried tomatoes as fine as you can to create a smoother texture.
- Cook the Cookout Classic™ patties according to package instructions. Once you flip the patties add the plant-based smoked gouda. Toast the buns on the grill for 2 minutes.
- Assemble the burgers by spreading 1 tbsp of aioli on each half of the bun, then layer 1/2 cup arugula, 2 slices of tomatoes, the Cookout Classic™, caramelized onions, avocado, and the top bun. Enjoy!
Looking at this recipe, the combination of flavors makes it quite enjoyable. From the aioli to the gouda, it is a very rich bite.
In a way, this burger would be a great experiment. For those people who might be skeptical of plant-based food, this burger could change their perspective. Why not give it a try on the grill?
What is your favorite plant-based food recipe? Have you started to eat more plant-based recipes?