Time to toast the regal life with Crown Royal cocktails. From the first pour to the last drop, enjoying a bottle of Crown Royal can make you feel like royalty. Nestled in that iconic purple bag, the bottle holds the golden whiskey that is enjoyable on the rocks or mixed in a cocktail.
To celebrate Coming 2 America, Crown Royal released a limited edition bottle and bag designed by Oscar-winning costume designer Ruth E. Carter. While the color purple is often associated with royalty, this limited edition offering celebrates elegance and intricacies with its stitched jacquard design.
If you have watched Coming 2 America, there are a few nods to the the blended whiskey. While the mentions might take a back seat to the many favorite characters that have re-appeared in the sequel, it is a fun connection.
Since movies and cocktails are always a fun sip to pair with the show, Crown Royal has created some cocktails inspired by Coming 2 America. While you might not be enjoying some Sexual Chocolate with these beverages, you can feel a little like a prince.
One side note, always remember to take a water break. Just like during football season, it is important to stay hydrated. Grabbing a water to sip with these cocktails is a royal attribute.
Here are some Crown Royal cocktails to enjoy while watching Coming 2 America.
The Ruby Ramble
In a Tall Textured Collins Glass, Add 4-5 ice cubes, (crushed if possible),
Add 1.5 oz of Crown Royal Whisky
Add 1 oz of freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
Add 1/2 Oz of your chilled Rosemary Simple Syrup
Stir, add in fresh cranberries
Top off with 4 Oz of Cranberry Ginger Ale
Garnish with a Rosemary Sprig, Fresh Cranberries and/or a lemon Twist/peel
To make Rosemary Simple Syrup: Equal parts water and granulated sugar, 3-4 sprigs of fresh rosemary. Boil, reduce. Chill.
The combination of the lemon and rosemary makes for a bright, welcoming aroma. Paired with the slightly spicy and tart cranberry ginger ale makes the smooth taste of the Crown Royal shine.
From the color contrast to the combination of this flavor, this cocktail is elegance in a glass.
- 1 cup ripe blueberries
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1½ ounces Crown Royal
- ½ ounce fresh lemon juice
- ½ ounces fresh tangerine juice (or orange juice)
- 1 ounce simple syrup
1. Make the blueberry juice: Add the blueberries and water to a blender and blend until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice and pulse once or twice, until combined.
2. Strain the blueberry mixture through a fine-mesh sieve (or cheesecloth, for a smoother juice) into a small bowl. Set aside until ready to use. The blueberry juice will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
3. Make the cocktail: Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, then add the Crown Royal, lemon juice, tangerine juice, and simple syrup. Place the lid on the shaker and shake vigorously for 1 minute, until the outside of the shaker is frosty.
4. Add fresh ice to a rocks glass, then strain the cocktail into the glass. Hold a spoon upside down over the glass, close to the surface, and slowly pour ½ ounce of the blueberry juice over the spoon on top of the drink.
While the name is iconic to Coming 2 America, this Crown Royal cocktail will have you feeling warm and tingly like a day in the warm sun. Although it has slightly complicated method, it flavor is worth the effort.
What are some of your favorite Crown Royal cocktails? Will you enjoy one while watching Coming 2 America?