Did you see that Lizzo said that it is the summer of carrots? While she might have told cauliflower to move off the table, the reality is that carrots deserve a moment in the spotlight. Whether it is carrot’s versatility or deliciousness, there are numerous ways to incorporate that favorite vegetable into many recipes.
While kids might be all about dipping those carrots in ranch, it isn’t the only way to enjoy those root vegetables. From juice to noodles to even some new carrot dogs, a carrot feast is the flavor of summer.
Recently, Bolthouse Farms introduced Carrot Dogs. These plant-based hot dogs take carrots and add some bold seasonings. From Italian Seasoned to classic, even the kids will be happy to have these hot dogs for dinner.
When serving these Carrot Dogs, the toppings can make them pop. From a bright slaw to tangy pickle, the possibilities are endless. These plant-based hot dogs are a tasty alternative to other non-meat alternatives.
In addition, carrots can be used in a noodle dish. While zoodles aren’t necessarily a new idea, it can be transformed with bold flavors. For example, the Coconut Thai Basil Noodles is a tasty treat on a hot summer day.
Lastly, one of the easiest ways to add even more veggies to the healthy eating lifestyle is to drink them. While juicing can be tasty, sometimes it needs to be shaken up a little bit. Why not turn those carrots into a cocktail.
With this recipe from Bolthouse Farms, the carrots get a boost from the turmeric. Although there might be a time and place for cocktail hour, this beverage might deserve a special toast.
Carrot Cocktail Recipe – “The Rooted Spice”
- 1 tablespoon of Tajín
- 1 cup of ice
- 1.5 fluid ounces of Tequila
- 1.5 fluid ounces of Lime Ginger Aqua Fresca (recipe below)
- 0.5 fluid ounces of fresh squeezed lime juice
- Fresh ginger
- 2 ounces of water
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 fluid ounce of Bolthouse Farms Carrot Ginger Turmeric Juice
- 1 lime wheel for garnish
Directions for Aqua Fresca
- Step 1: In a blender, combine 0.5 ounces of fresh squeezed lime juice with fresh ginger and puree
- Step 2: Add water and sugar to taste
Directions for Cocktail
- Step 1: Sprinkle Tajín on a small plate. Lightly wet the rim of a cocktail glass or margarita glass with a lime. Dip the moistened rim in the tajin to coat. Set aside
- Step 2: Combine tequila, Bolthouse Farms Carrot Ginger Turmeric Juice in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake until chilled. Strain into your Tajín rimmed cocktail glass or ice-filled margarita glass and top with the aqua fresca
- Step 3: Garnish with a lime wheel
Are you embracing the summer of carrots? What are some fun ways to add the tasty vegetables to your food choices?