Raise a toast to International Beer Day with these tasty beertails.
On August 7, beer drinkers celebrate International Beer Day. The food and beverage celebration started in Santa Cruz, California. Beer drinkers looked to show their appreciation for the craft of brewing beer. From that light lager to the darkest of stouts, this day is a reason to drink another beer.
Over the years, many beer brands, breweries and beer lovers have found various ways to mark the occasion. Whether it is the opportunity to try a new beer or rediscover an old favorite, the beer drinking on International Beer Day celebration can be an all day affair.
Since beer drinkers are always looking for something new, Modelo has shared three beertails to enjoy for this beer celebration. Each beertail showcases the flavor of Modelo while bringing some additional flavors to the pint glass. Ready to get shaking.
Here are three beertails for International Beer Day.
Bloody Hello Shandy
- 12 oz. Modelo Especial
- 2 oz. fresh grapefruit juice
- ¾ oz. Casa Noble Crystal Tequila
- ½ oz. agave
- 2 jalapeno slices
- Long grapefruit snap
- Add grapefruit juice, tequila, agave and jalapeno slices to a shaker filled with ice. Muddle thoroughly and shake well. Pour through a strainer into a highball glass with ice and top with Modelo Especial. Serve the remaining beer with the cocktail, garnish with jalapeno slices and grapefruit and enjoy!
While many beer drinkers are familiar with a shandy, this beertail has a more potent kick. Usually a shandy falls under the lighter beer fare. This beverage with the tequila needs to be a cautious sip. Although the drink goes down smooth, don’t drink too many.
- 12 oz. Modelo Negra
- 1 ½ oz. Casa Noble Reposado Tequila
- ½ oz. PIMM’S THE ORIGINAL No. 1 Cup
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 1 oz. vanilla syrup
- 2 dashes bitters
- Mint leaves
- Mix all ingredients in a shaker with ice, excluding Modelo Negra and mint leaves. Shake and pour over ice, topping with Modelo Negra. Serve remaining beer with cocktail, garnish with mint leaves and enjoy!
This beertail takes a Mexican beer and gives it a slightly English twist. The addition of the PIMM’s is not necessarily the most common ingredient, but it is worth a try.
The combination of the sweet, tart and bright flavors makes it perfectly refreshing on a hot day. In a way, this beertail has a great international flare.
- 2 oz. Modelo Negra
- 2 jalapeno rings
- ½ oz. agave nectar
- ½ oz. fresh lime juice
- ¾ oz. fresh grapefruit juice
- ½ oz. Jeppson’s Malort Liqueur
- 1 ½ oz. mezcal
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker, excluding Modelo Negra. Shake with ice and double strain into a rocks glass. Add ice and Modelo Negras as a float on top. Garnish with lime wedge or jalapeno and enjoy!
For anyone from Chicago, they will jump at the chance of introducing friends to the wonders of Malort. This liqueur is definitely an experience and one that everyone should have at least once.
If you can handle the boldness of all these flavors, give this beertail a taste. Maybe have some tacos ready to enjoy with the beverage. Sometimes a great food and beer pairing makes any drink taste even better.
Whether you enjoy an ice-cold beer for International Beer Day or try one of this beertails, don’t let the day pass without raising a glass to beer and all the people who make it.
What is your favorite beer? How will you be celebrating International Beer Day?